1. Establish a safe and disciplined learning environment that challenges students at all levels, involves parents in their child’s education, and encourages the development of a strong work ethic.
2. Promote collaboration and foster a professional learning community with the primary focus on student achievement through long-term, intensive staff development and high quality instruction.
3. Align the written, taught, and tested curriculum through the development of challenging standards with a focus on reading, writing, speaking, and mathematics, emphasizing mastery of the basics and development of higher level thinking and problem solving skills.
4. Provide a support system that allows all students who fall behind to get extra help, then address those students at more frequent intervals to determine the effectiveness of remediation strategies.
5. Support and enhance the comprehensive arts curriculum (visual, dance, theater, music, and physical education) emphasize components of the district wellness program, and incorporate the functions necessary to develop technologically proficient students.