July 30, 2020
Dear Shaler Area families,
Thank you to all of you who submitted questions following the release of our Back-to-School Task Force Report Town Hall presentation last week. We have reviewed the questions submitted and summarized the most frequently asked questions in a FAQ document located on our Back-to-School 2020 page: ,https://www.sasd.k12.pa.us/BacktoSchool2020.aspx
We recognize that as we release additional information, you will have additional questions. We will continue to work to best answer your questions regarding the reopening of schools. Please continue to use the linked form to submit questions: https://forms.gle/KuUTWqxmV8kdZJKi6
. We will continue to monitor the submissions and update the FAQ page as answers become available.
Please understand that we are relying on guidance from local and state agencies so some questions may not be able to be immediately answered. Additionally, due to the evolving nature of research, guidance, and community input, these FAQs are subject to change. We will do our best to update this page promptly with any substantive changes.
We also plan to host a series of virtual Town Hall meetings on Monday, August 10, 2020 to address specific concerns related to your students. Please note the updated date for these Town Hall meetings. A schedule with specific times will be forthcoming.Important dates:
Please note the outlined schedule of important dates and deadlines in the coming weeks:
- Parent Town Hall meetings (via Zoom)
- Monday, August 10, 2020 (schedule to follow)
- Parent Commitment Form - Selection of instructional and transportation options
- Distributed July 27, 2020 via email
- Commitment Forms are due by Friday, August 7, 2020
- Full online learning via Titan Cyber Academy
- Informational meeting date and time to be announced
- Deadline for full enrollment is August 13, 2020
- Education Committee to review Back-to-School Health & Safety Plan
- August 5, 2020 - 6 p.m. via a virtual meeting platform. Details will be posted on the website
- School Board approval of the Back-to-School Health & Safety Plan
- August 6, 2020 - 6 p.m. via a virtual meeting platform. Details will be posted on the website
Our goal throughout this entire process has been and continues to be to place the safety and welfare of our students, staff, and families first and foremost. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate this ever-changing pandemic and for your support and cooperation as we work together to provide a healthy and safe learning environment for our students and staff.
Please take care and stay safe.
Sean C. Aiken
Bryan E. O’Black, Ed.D.