Procedures for Requesting Community Use of SASD School Facilities:
Shaler Area School District will now be accepting all requests to use school district facilities online. Use this link: Facility Use Request to get started. Requests must be received at least 14 days prior to the event. If you have any questions regarding this procedure feel free to call 412-492-1200, ext. 2903, or email [email protected]
Please refer to Policy 707 for details on school district facility use including determining what Group # your are and Rental Fees and the terms and conditions.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WHAT YOU ARE SUBMITTING IS ONLY A REQUEST TO USE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FACILITIES. You will be notified via the e-mail you provide once the request is activated or declined. The school district is not responsible for any advertising that may be done before a request is approved. Be advised, just because a facility appears to be available on the calendar does not guarantee that it is. The school district reserves the right to limit the number of events taking place in a facility on the same date or at the same time.
Following is the procedure for the use of school facilities:
1. If it is your first time logging into the Community Use page you will have to request access to enter facility requests online. Once you enter this request you will have to be activated by a school district representative. Be advised that the work schedule for the permit department is Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. For more information on this process refer to these instructions: How to Request Access to Submit Online Facility Requests
2. The requesting organization submits a request to use school facilities online. An event may be a single date or multiple dates for the same activity in the same building at the same time. If you have multiple dates in different buildings or different times then separate requests have to be entered for each building and each time frame. Be advised, the program will only accept 100 days on one re-occurring event request. If you are requesting more than 100 days you will have to enter more than one request. For more information on entering a request refer to these instructions: How to Login and Submit a Request
3. Once the request is submitted the permit department will review the request and route it to the appropriate school district officials for review and approval. The event contact person will be notified via email that the request is either activated or denied. The confirmation will be your permit and include an estimate of any applicable fees. Should the requested location already be booked, a district representative will notify the contact person to attempt to find another date and/or location.
4. Upon activation of the event, an invoice (if applicable) will be sent to the organizations billing address. Invoices sent prior to the event must be paid no later than two weeks prior to the event. In the case of custodial/ maintenance fees, the invoice will be sent after the event, with payment expected with in 14 days of the invoice.
5. The event contact person is responsible for notifying Shaler Area School District's permit department of any changes and/or cancellations to the schedule. Failure to cancel an event date(s) will not relieve the organization of the applicable charges.
Field or Gym Usage Requests
To reserve gym or field time, you must submit a permit request each year. Permit applications for gyms and fields must be turned in following the schedule below:
May 1 for gym or field time from Sept. 1 – Nov. 30
Aug. 1 for gym or field time from Dec. 1 – Feb. 28
Dec. 1 for gym or field time from Mar. 1 – June 3
Feb. 1 for field time from June 3 – Aug. 30 (gyms are not available in the summer)
If you had the facility last year and your permit request is not received by the date listed above then the facility will be opened up for use by another group.
If you have any questions regarding permits feel free to call 412-492-1200, ext. 2903, or email [email protected]